Saturday, May 9, 2015

Happy Mothers Day!

Mother' day is one of my most favorite days of the year. Signs of spring blooming, children playing in the yard and the laughter of family and friends fill the air.
Growing up, my mom was the matriarch of our family. Ensuring family ties were kept, showing love to all creatures of God as well as teaching me some amazing  life lessons.
I can't believe she has been gone for 20 years. Twenty years....I suppose with each passing year, time seems to pass faster and faster.... almost at the speed of light.
As the wind softly blows on my face unseen but felt; so is my mom's compassionate, loving presence in my heart.
Being a mother myself, I step back every now and again; chuckle and say "WOW did I just sound like my mom or what" Maybe you can relate...
I am so grateful to have been raised by an amazing, fun, compassionate, hard working woman and empowered by her legacy to be a the best mother I can be to my four awesome children.
I hope someday they will be filled with gratitude and empowerment as I was.
Whether you are a mom or have a mom or maybe someone whom raised you as a mom...I hope you have a beautiful Mothers Day and may many blessings come your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment